Need of a water purifier and a right water purifier to choose..answered by BlueLife-India.
Answer by BlueLife India:
What does impure water contain?
- Physical Impurities
- Bad Color and Odor/ Smell
- Biological contamination viz., Bacteria & Virus
- TDS (Total Dissolved Solids)
What are various filtration methods in present available purifiers?
- Filtration through sediment filter
- Filtration through activated carbon filter
- Filtration through Reverse Osmosis membrane
- UV sterilization
- Nano filtration
- Ultra Filtration etc..
What are the functions of various filters?
- Sediment filter removes physical impurities
- Carbon filter removes bad color and smell
- RO Membrane removes bacteria and virus and reduces the TDS contamination to the desired levels.
- UV sterilization deactivates biological contamination
- Ionization, disinfection of biological contamination
What kind of water sources do we have?
- Rain water
- Well water/ Water from ponds
- Bore water
- Water supplied by Government Authorities
Is Rain water safe for drinking?
Rainwater flushes airborne pollution from the skies, and then washes over the land before running into the rivers, to be completed aquifers, and lakes that supply our drinking water. Any and all chemicals generated by human activity can and will find their way into water supplies.
Is well water safe for drinking?
No, well water is not safe for drinking as it is, because it contains all the four kinds of impurities viz. physical impurities, bad color and taste, biological impurities and total dissolved solids.
Is bore water safe for drinking?
No, bore water is not safe for drinking as it is, because it contains all the four kinds of impurities viz. physical impurities, bad color and taste, biological impurities and total dissolved solids
Is chlorinated water safe for drinking?
No, chlorinated water is not safe for drinking without further purification. It will get contaminated while being distributed through pipelines with rust and biological contamination.
Recent studies concerns about cancer risks associated with chemical contamination from chlorination by-products have resulted in numerous epidemiological studies. These studies generally support the notion that by-products of chlorination are associated with increased cancer risks.
Chlorine is used to combat microbial contamination, but it can react with organic matter in the water and form dangerous, carcinogenic Trihalomethanes. According to Dr. Joseph M. Price, MD, in Moseby's Medical Dictionary, "Chlorine is the greatest crippler and killer of modern times. It is an insidious poison".
Classification of impurities in drinking water
- Physical impurities
- Bad colour and Odors
- Biological contaminants like bacteria and virus
- TDS(Total Dissolved Solids)
Different stages of water purification in RO (Available ultimate solution for residential applciation)
- a sediment filter to trap particles including rust and calcium carbonate
- optionally a second sediment filter with smaller pores
- an activated carbon filter to trap organic chemicals and chlorine, which will attack and degrade TFC reverse osmosis membranes
- a reverse osmosis (RO) filter which is a thin film composite membrane(TFM or TFC)
- optionally a second carbon filter to capture those chemicals not removed by the RO membrane
- Optionally a ultra-violet lamp for disinfecting any microbes that may escape filtering by the reverse osmosis membrane. Or Ionization.
The application of a Water Purifier is to eliminate harmful contaminants from water to make it drinkable/ potable, and to keep you away from water born deceases.
Check Other Links to choose a best Water Purifier for Residential Applications…
BlueLife TechnoSciences India Private Limited, manufacturers of Innovative and Unique Water Purifiers with detachable Stainless Steel Storage Tank for 100% Pure and Hygienic Drinking Water.
Visit us atfor more details.
Call us on Toll Free: 18005991234 (India)
Phone: +91 40 27765099, 27766099
WhatsApp: +91 9100044319